I'm working on a Mac Application that will have a helper application that is
always running in the background (even if the main application is not currently
running).  Currently the main application uses Core Data to manage persistent
objects.  I'd like to setup the helper application to be able to use the same
persistent store.  I've read through the Core Data documentation, specifically
the section on concurrency, but I feel as though my situation is different from
what is discussed in that document and I'm still a little confused as to what
the best approach is.

So my questions are:
1. Is it even possible to do this?
2. What is the best way to implement it?