Hi people,

I just realized I may be doing something dangerous with an NSMutableArray. I searched Guides and References on this but couldn't find an explicit answer:

- Does an NSMutableArray guarantee to retain an object on addObject:?
- Does it ever make a copy of the original instead of retaining it?
- As long as I am sure the object will not be removed (or replaced) from the array, is it safe to assume that the object I passed to addObject: is the exact same object inside the array?

The reason I am asking this is because in a couple of hard-to-debug places in my code I use an object I just added to a mutable array counting on it being the same pointer as inside the array (because other parts of the code will need it there later).

Thanks in advance for any help. (hopefully I'll get more proficient with cocoa soon enough, so I won't have to bother you guys so much...)

Carlos.