On Apr 6, 2011, at 21:06, Carlos Eduardo Mello wrote:

> I have a custom view  embeded in a scroll view (let's call  it View A). I
> have another view (View B) which is related to View A (but not inside it) and
> needs to be updated whenever view A scrolls. (Please note that I don't have
> any problems with scrolling. Scrolling works great in View A)
>
> I know how to actively query the scroll view for scroller positions ( [ [
> scrollView verticalScroller ] floatValue ] ), or for the clip view position (
> [ [ scrollView contentView] bounds ].origin; ), but how do I act on
> continuous scrolling actions initiated by the user?

View B should observe view A's clip view bounds change notifications (and you
have to enable posting of the notifications -- see NSView documentation).

View A's frame coordinates are in the bounds coordinate system of its
superview, the clip view (which in turn has the scroll view as its superview).
To scroll its subview, the clip view offsets its own bounds to "place" itself
over the portion of the subview that should be visible.