On 4/7/11, Florian Pilz <fpil...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm looking for an easy way to access the main window of another
> Application, thus not my own. (The key window would be fine as well,
> if that is easier.)
> I already searched via Google to solve this task and I found the
> following solutions:
>
> * use AppleScript to perform this task and integrate it into the
> Objective-C/Cocoa App with a Wrapper class, i.e. NSAppleScript
> * use Quartz Window Services
> * use the NSAccessibility Protocol
>
> All three solution don't satisfy me, because a) I wanted to perform
> the task in Objective-C (not AppleScript),

ScriptingBridge will let you do AppleScript-things, but in
non-AppleScript languages. Apple officially supports ScriptingBridge
through Obj-C, PyObjC, and RubyCocoa, though any thing that binds to
Obj-C can access ScriptingBridge too (such as my LuaCocoa).

-Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development
http://playcontrol.net/iphonegamebook/