On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:44:04 +0800, Gabriel Zachmann <z...@tu-clausthal.de>
said:
>I am creating CA layers like so:
>
>    CALayer * imgLayer         = [CALayer layer];
>    imgLayer.contents          = (id) image;
>    imgLayer.contentsGravity   = kCAGravityResizeAspect;
>    imgLayer.delegate          = nil;
>    imgLayer.opacity           = 1.0;
>    imgLayer.position          = CGPointMake( drawRect_.size.width/2.0,
> drawRect_.size.height/2.0 );
>    imgLayer.anchorPoint       = CGPointMake( 0.5, 0.5 );
>    imgLayer.zPosition         = -1.0;
>
>Now, sometimes, the image does not get displayed (most images do get
>displayed).=

What is "image"? If it is not a CGImageRef, setting the layer's contents will
fail *silently*. I wish I had a nickel for every time I assigned a UIImage to a
layer's contents and then wasted a day trying to figure out why I couldn't see
the layer in the interface.... m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!