Hi David,
thanks for the answer

I was thinking about the window. But then it has to be something with
a big hole inside. This hole ought to be transparent for mouse clicks
(so if there's something below my "window", that 'something' has to be
clickable and focused, and receive keyboard input)? Is it possible to
do somehow? Borderless is a window without a title (as i understand).
What kind of properties should i specify to make a window as that "Red
frame"? I mean, i really want it to be just a mark for the user,
without any "windowing" behaviour (well, the user can drag it, if he
clicks on the 'red frame' with mouse, but that is the only relation to
a real window it should have).

In OS Windows i would probably use "Regions" API, but i have no idea
what to do in Mac OS. Could you give me a clue?
thanks