On Apr 10, 2011, at 4:32 PM, davel...@mac.com wrote:

> And you also have add code to verify a valid receipt. There's a few samples
> of how to do this on github (you should modify them to make the app more
> difficult to crack unless you're giving the app away for free). Apple has
> more about this that you can read once you join the developer program.

Validating the receipt is optional.

Having recently gone through this with my first application, I generally would
not recommend it for version 1.0 of someone's first app (unless it is a very
expensive app). It is surprisingly complex and poorly documented, and there are
too many other things to worry about when getting your first app through the
approval process.

If you want copy protection (which is what receipt validation in about), I
would leave it until the first update to your application or the second app you
submit.

Todd