On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:42:40 -0700, Chris Parker <c...@apple.com> said:
>> 2011-04-14 00:03:09.640 CRDev[18309:307] InGameViewController implementation
>> of -viewDidUnload caused the view to be reloaded. This will adversely impact
>> system performance.
>
>The log is trying to help you out; -viewDidUnload is called when the view
>controller has discarded its view. The log is telling you that an
>implementation of -viewDidUnload is causing the view to be loaded again.
>
>This can be caused by doing anything which accesses the -view property on the
>view controller inside the -viewDidUnload implementation.

That's really kind of wonderful.

In my iOS book I talk about discovering that my loadView was being mysteriously
called twice, and then (by logging like crazy) realizing that this due to my
mentioning the view property in my awakeFromNib. That's how I learned not to do
that. :) I really applaud verbose explanatory log messages from the framework
such as this. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!