15-Apr-11 00:34, Luc Van Bogaert пишет:
Hi,

I know how to subclass NSView to create a custom view, and add it to a window
as a subview using interface builder.  But when I want to control my custom
view with a viewcontroller object, both contained in a seperate nib file, I'm
getting a bit confused about how I can use IB to do the same.

For now, I am adding my custom view, which is loaded from the nib file when
instantiating the view controller, to another view programmatically. This
works, but I find it's getting too hard having to recalculate the custom view's
 frame whenever the program window size has changed.

So I would like to keep using IB to add my custom view to its "container", and
benefit from the sizing and location attributes IB has to offer. How do I go about to
using the custom view, its nib file and the view controller in IB? Could someone please
point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
If I understand you correctly, you should write Interface Builder plug-in, but plug-ins are supported by XCode prior to 4x.