On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 01:19:48 -0400, Jeffrey Walton <noloa...@gmail.com> said:
>It sure would have been helpful if viewWillDisappear was sent as
>documented. When the home button is pressed, and the home screen is
>presented, the view has clearly disappeared (no offense Alex).

Listen to what you're being told. The signal that "the home button is pressed
and the home screen is presented" is NSApplication's delegate message
applicationDidEnterBackground: and the corresponding NSNotification. The app is
background; the view is not disappearing. *No* view controller has *ever*
signaled viewWillDisappear: merely because the app is backgrounding.

(It is true that view controllers used to signal viewWillDisappear: when the
app was *terminating*. But those days are long gone; we are in the iOS 4 world
of multitasking now.)

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!