Hi Laurent-

Certainly.  I've zipped up two classes that wrap some functionality from the
Text Conversion Manager functions.  I'm certain I got these from somewhere else
years ago, but failed to find them now.  Download at:

http://www.positivespinmedia.com/dev/TEC.zip

Usage looks something like this:

        NSInteger i = 0;
        NSString *myResultantString = nil;
        TECSniffer *sniffer = [[TECSniffer alloc] initWithWebTextEncodings];
        NSArray *results = [sniffer sniff:yourNSDataObjectGoesHere];
        while(!myResultantString && i < [results count]){
                myResultantString = [[NSString alloc]
initWithData:yourNSDataObjectGoesHere encoding:[[results objectAtIndex:i]
unsignedIntValue]];
                i++;
        }

        // ideally, you've got a legitimate NSString object when the above is
finished

If memory serves, you'll need to link CoreServices into your app to use TEC.
Hope this helps!

John