On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:13:07 +0200, Peter Lübke said:

>Am 27.04.2011 um 21:09 schrieb Quincey Morris:
>
>> ..., and I don't see NDAlias having a documented 'writeToFile'
>> method at all, and (even if it did) ...
>
>It actually does, as I just found out looking at Nathan Day's homepage:
>http://homepage.mac.com/nathan_day/pages/source.xml

But don't use that code.  The newest is here:
<https://github.com/nathanday/ndalias>

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:26:35 -0400, Kevin Muldoon said:

>You mean like so...
>
>NSArray * paths = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains
>(NSDesktopDirectory, NSUserDomainMask, YES);
>NSString * desktop_path = [paths objectAtIndex:0];

Better still, if you can require 10.6+ is to use URLs and not paths, in
which case you'd use URLForDirectory:inDomain:appropriateForURL:create:error:.

Kevin, are you trying to create an alias record or an alias file?