Hi,

I'm trying to generate a new image that is made up of a combination of other images.

As I iterate over the array holding the images I want to do is...
- place the componant image in the new canvas at a certain point (150,187)
- rotate the componant image by a certain value (calculated previously)

I don't mind how the image fits in the new canvas, it doesn't have to be completely within it.

I think I need to use NSAffineTransform?

I was using drawinrect previously for non-rotated movement.

Do I need to draw the componant image to the canvas first then rotate it?

The code I have at the moment is

[code]
//calc rotation
                double rotation = 360 / ki;
                double rotateby = rotation;

                //set coordinates to x,y -> 150,187 to start
                float x = 150;
                float y = 187;

                //for each image
                NSEnumerator *imageLoop = [kitImages objectEnumerator];
                NSString *imgPath;

                while ((imgPath = [imageLoop nextObject])) {
                        NSImage *img = [[NSImage
alloc]initWithContentsOfFile:imgPath];

                        //rotate image

                        //apply image to view
                        [targetImage lockFocus];

//[img drawInRect:NSMakeRect(x,y,xb,yb) fromRect:NSMakeRect(150,150,0,0) operation:NSCompositeCopy fraction:1];

                        //set new rotation
                        rotation = rotation+rotateby;
[/code]

I've tried looking at some of the samples, but they seem to be cover rotating in place and resizing which is more complicated than I'm looking for. I'm expecting to effectively have the componant images fan out on the canvas.

If anyone could help me with the process I'd be grateful, do I have to create a intermediary image to make the rotated image square?

Thanks,

Amy

Many Thanks

Amy Heavey