On Apr 29, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2011, at 09:46, Abhinav K Tyagi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can i create an arbitrary shaped window? Mouse events should be
>> handled in the shape only and not the rectangular window portion.
>> For Ex. If my window is circular, then outside the circle, any mouse should
>> go to desktop or whatever is there behind it.
>> Using borderless and transparent mainwindow i can only display it circular
>> but mouse events still be there in rectangular region which i want to
>> be only in circular (or whatever defined) region.
>> If anyone can suggest the best possible way to do it would be great.
>>
>> After this is done, i would like to dynamically change the window shape
>> depending on user inputs
>> Thanks in Advance
>
> I think a circular window, or almost any other shaped window, is a bad idea.
> That will confuse the user. In a circular window, where is the window title
> bar?
>
> -Laurent.

If you really want to do this sort of thing, I think it would be better to just
put your shape in a standard window.

Phil

Philip R. Ershler Ph.D.
University of Utah
Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute
95 South 2000 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-5000

phone: (801) 230-8771
alt ph: (801) 587-9528