Code in Custom NSTextView - (void) drawRect:

----------
[super drawRect:dirtyRect];

NSBezierPath* aPath = [NSBezierPath bezierPath];
[aPath moveToPoint:NSMakePoint(100, 100)];
[aPath lineToPoint:NSMakePoint(500, 100)];
[aPath stroke];
-----------

Custom textview resize policy set, so it resizes in all dimensions with
container. This is code for custom NSTextView

---------
- (void) setFrameSize:(NSSize)newSize {

   [super setFrameSize:newSize];

   NSTextContainer *container = [self textContainer];
   newSize.width -= 200;
   [container setContainerSize:newSize];
}