On May 16, 2011, at 8:31 AM, Bing Li wrote:

> You are right. There is no RunLoop in the code. Actually, although I have got
> to know the term, RunLoop, when starting to learn Cocoa for two months, until
> now I have not seen a sample code about RunLoop in any resources. So I don't
> know how to program with it.
>
> I have one question. If I put the synchronous notification posts into a
> NSOperationQueue, it must also get asynchronous notification, right? Is the
> solution proper?

If you don't understand run loops (what they are, how they work, under what
circumstances they are created and run for you, when you need to explicitly run
them yourself), then you need to spend some time learning about them,
especially before departing from the standard Cocoa application template. I
wouldn't worry about more advanced topics like NSOperation or NSOperationQueue
until mastering a bit more of the basics.

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Multithreading/RunLoopManagement/RunLoopManagement.html%23//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000057i-CH16-SW1

http://www.mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2010-01-01-nsrunloop-internals.html