Hi,

I have an NSTableView bound to an NSArrayController, itself bound to a Core
Data store.

The app is working as expected, with two exceptions:

1. Duplicate records:

I have an "add" button bound to arraycontroller.insert

I have created a newObject method to allow me to define default values, which
works fine. When I click add a new record gets inserted, but it appears twice
in the NSTableView. However, if I save the moc, close and reopen the
application only one record is present.

So although it looks like two duplicate records are added, only one is actually
present.

Can anyone tell me why two records are visible when I add a new record, but not
on subsequent runs of the application?

2. Calculating max records

Within my "newObject" method I perform a fetch on the moc to determine the MAX
value for the "ID" field.

This works fine, but the @max.id value is not updated unless I save the MOC
after adding each new record. If I don't save the moc the max: function returns
the same value as for the previous run.

Unless I am missing something obvious all of my objects use the same moc
(defined centrally, and then passed around).

Can anyone suggest why the max: function is only working properly after a moc
save?

Thanks in advance

Darren.