I am seeing a strange problem in a new app, where the standard blue highlight
which appears when mousing over NSMenuItems in NSMenus will suddenly stop
appearing in the app.  So there is no longer visible feedback about which menu
item the mouse is over in any of the menus (including the main menu and menus
of popup buttons).  Sometimes the highlight will eventually come back after
clicking around in the app and doing various things, but other times it's just
plain gone.

To learn more, I setup a delegate to one NSMenu and implemented "menu:
willHighlightItem:".  I wanted to see if this was still fired once the
highlights stopped visibly showing up.  It is fired, so obviously the proper
mouseover/highlight event is being registered.  This suggests to me that
there's instead some sort of drawing/display issue with the highlight.  The
fact that it affects every menu in the app has got to mean something....

Anybody have any ideas?

thanks,
Craig

--