Hi Gary,

You're right, sizeToFit was not correct. I ended up following this to get
NSTextView to resize correctly -
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/TextLayout/Tasks/StringHeight.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20001809-CJBGBIBB

I'm not sure if you seen the other posts about this but the reason I chose
to use NSTextView is that I'm looking to implement auto-completion and
syntax highlighting. From research I had assumed that NSTextField was not
capable of this and that NSTextView comes with some of the functionality
built in.

Do you have an opinion on which approach would be more suitable? (if it
helps the view would look similar to this -
http://rhoadley.org/images/screenshots/pd/anomap.gif) Overhead is also a
concern.

Thanks for the reply!
Joe