On 09/06/2011, at 16:40, Quincey Morris wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2011, at 11:43, Siegfried wrote:
>
>> …
>
> If the "Custom" item is just one of the popup's items (that is, there's no
> submenu involved)

No there isn't, but:

> then IIRC the popup button will be the sender, not the menu item.

Actually the sender is the menu item (if I got it right), not the popup itself.
From the other items, I just need to retrieve their tags so I didn't connect
the action on the popup as it was an ivar already, and just created a specific
action for the "Cusom" item.

> Or is there a submenu involved here (which would be a NSPopUpButton
> containing a NSMenuItem containing a NSMenu containing a NSMenuItem, which is
> not exactly what you said)?

It's kind of confusing :-) but if you remove the first NSMenuItem from your
paragraph it becomes what I said, that in other words:

NSPopUpButton:
        - has a NSMenu:
                - which has a NSMenuItem:
                        - that's the sender of the message

Thanks, just in case it's not possible you clarified a better design to