On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 20:31:22 -0700, Development <developm...@fornextsoft.com>
said:

>when my application first starts up I want it in portrait mode. However when a
>user switches to an editor it needs to transform in to landscape mode.

The simple solution is that your main view's view controller permits only
portrait mode, and when you switch to an editor you summon a modal view whose
view controller permits only landscape mode.

http://www.apeth.com/iOSBook/ch19.html

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!