Le 12 juin 2011 à 20:12, Martin Hewitson a écrit :

> This is a question about choosing the correct design pattern for a particular
> application. This application is generic enough that I can describe it by a
> simple parent-child model.
>
> Suppose I have a model object Parent which contains an array of Child objects.
>
> Then I have a ParentView object and a corresponding ParentViewController. The
> controller has a reference to the Parent and to the ParentView and so can act
> as a data source for the view.  So far, so good.
>
> What I'm unsure about is, how to deal with the children objects. I will, in
> principle, have a ChildView. This raises some questions:
>
> 1) Should I have a ChildViewController class?
> 2) Where do I keep the array of ChildView classes? In the ParentView? And how
> do I ensure that each ChildView is associated with the appropriate Child
> object?
> 3) If I do have a ChildViewController class, where should I keep the array of
> these? In the ParentViewController?
>
> I can see a complicated spagehti system arising here. Suppose I don't only
> have a Parent-Child system, but a deeper tree (A contains an array of B, each
> B contains an array of C, etc), how should one extend the scheme?
>
> I'm guessing this is a generic enough situation that there exists a
> best-practice for handling it. For some reason, I can't arrive at it myself,
> so far. Any hints, keywords or clues would be well received.

This sounds like a typical tree structure. The basic structure is:

Node
  Node *parent
  NSArray *childNodes // contains instances of Node

NodeView
  NodeView *parentView
  NSArray *childViews // contains instances of NodeView

The Model takes this structure and so should the View.

I would say that you should design a NodeController and then derive from that
class to add a ParentNodeController.

Joanna

--
Joanna Carter