Is there some reason the text needs to be RTF? Is it just that you want to view
this text formatted nicely at a future date? Or do you plan on distributing the
monster RTF?

If it's just nicely formatted text you're after would HTML with CSS serve just
as well? If so, you could write an aggregator that did something like the
following:

- Write HTML head with CSS to dest file
- Query DB for next piece of text
- NSData        *chunk          = [[NSStringWithFormat: @"<p
style='header'>%@<p style='body'>%@", chunkHeaderString, chunkBodyString]
dataUsingEncoding: NSUTF*StringEncoding];
- [fileHandle writeData: chunk]
- write <body> and <html> close tags to the end of the file

Done.