Hi Ken,

Am 19.06.2011 um 15:40 schrieb Ken Tozier:

> - (void)observeValueForKeyPath:(NSString *) inKeyPath
>               ofObject:(id) inObject
>               change:(NSDictionary *) inChange
>               context:(void *) inContext
> {
>     if ([inKeyPath isEqualToString: @"subsetRange"])
>     {
>         // figure out how many lines you still have to draw here
>         if (stillHaveLinesToDraw == YES)
>         {
>             sleep(<some number of ticks>);
>             [self setNeedsDisplay: YES];
>         }
>     }
> }

Thanks for this speedy reply! Using a KVO observer is a new approach I haven't
considered, yet. But the main difference to my first idea is the usage of
repetitive invocations of "drawRect:" instead a loop inside the method itself.
To make this a slow-motion, you mentioned a "sleep(...)" (wasn't included in
the mailing list reply), which will freeze the GUI, won't it?

CAAnimation sounds promising, unfortunately I haven't used it before, and
animating several paths doesn't seem to be covered with basic animations ...
I'd look deeper into the references, but currently I'm afraid it's beyond my
capabilities.