I'm stuck on a weird bug with NSTableViews and CALayers.  I tried to ask up at
WWDC in one of the labs, but didn't get an answer.

I have a auto-resizing NSTableView subclass in NSScrollView in a layer backed
view.  I'm using the 10.6 SDK and targeting 10.5 as well.

When I resize, the contents "jump" in the table view.  I believe it is because
there's an implicit animation to move the bounds and/or position.  Or maybe
something in the clip?  I'd also not like it to fade in if I toggle between
layer-backed and not.

I've searched on the mailing lists, StackOverflow, and Google in general for
this, but I haven't found a solution.

I've tried the following but without any change to the behavior:

1. Custom NSScrollView and NSTableView, each of which implement what I believe
should disable animations:
- (id<CAAction>)actionForLayer:(CALayer *)layer forKey:(NSString *)key {
        return (id<CAAction>)[NSNull null];
}

I also tried returning nil as well.

2. Setting the actions (position, bounds, frame, hidden, onOrderIn) on the
layers to NSNull.
3. Bracketing live resize methods with a CATransaction to disable animations.
The results were not pretty.

I have a small sample project available: <http://nekotech.com/Code/Splitter.zip>

Oddly enough, when the view is small and the scroll bar is present, the
"jumping" doesn't occur.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed!

Dan