On Jun 27, 2011, at 12:48 PM, koko wrote:

> Now when I click the red close button the app delegate method
> applicationShouldTerminate is not called.

So, by default closing the window wouldn’t quit the app. If it is, that implies
that your delegate also has a -applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed:
method, that is returning YES. You might set a breakpoint there and see that
it’s returning the correct value.

> However, if I do not execute the method referenced above
> applicationShouldTerminate is called when clicking the close button.

If that method opened another window somehow, then closing your main window
would not cause the app to terminate, because it wouldn’t be the last window.

—Jens