Hi Eric.

I have an application (iOS) that is doing speech to text. The
resulting string I'd like to fuzzy match against the user's onboard
music library, and play a song, album, genre, etc. as appropriate. I
am looking for a really good fuzzy string matching engine. I found
this: http://www.locayta.com/, not sure it's something I could use or
not. Also I found this code (but it's not quote accurate enough for
reliable results):

Any better ideas for a better fuzzy string match?

For me, the Levenshtein distance method has always worked fine. You can even offer an UI element (I'd suggest a slider) to let the user define a looser or tighter distance for better results.

---Ulf Dunkel