On Jul 4, 2011, at 8:07 AM, Ulf Dunkel wrote:

> This is the method in my AppDelegate.m which should update the button:
>
> - (void)updateKillHelpdButton
> {
>   [killHelpdButton setEnabled:[self checkHelpd]];
>   [killHelpdButton setNeedsDisplay:YES];
> }
>
> Can someone please tell me what else I should do to force the redraw?

That should work; in fact, you don’t even need the -setNeedsDisplay: call.

- Is this method being called when you expect? Set a breakpoint in it, or add
an NSLog call.
- Is killHelpdButton set to the right value, e.g. non-nil?
- Are you calling this on a background thread? In general you should only call
AppKit from the main thread.