Trygve,

That should work. I suspect that you are setting the timeZone of the
NSDatePicker as well. There is a bug, where is you set the NSDatePicker
timeZone but do not set the calendar, then you will run into this problem.
(Same thing with NSDatePicker locale.)

So, either don't adjust the NSDatePicker defaults, or set a calendar for the
NSDatePicker.

-raleigh