OK, I will use apple events for this.

Thanks
Hirendra

From: Jens Alfke [mailto:j...@mooseyard.com]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 9:28 PM
To: Hirendra Rathor
Cc: cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
Subject: Re: Can we get command line arguments in applicationShouldHandleReopen?

On Jul 8, 2011, at 7:13 AM, Hirendra Rathor wrote:

I have written an .app which is launched many times until the running instance
shuts down finally. The code
to start it looks like this:

   NSTask* task = [[NSTask alloc] init];
   [task setLaunchPath: @"/usr/bin/open"];

That's pretty awkward! The preferred way to launch an app is to use the
NSWorkspace methods, or LaunchServices (a lower-level procedural API that gives
you more options.)

The idea is to launch the application with different arguments so that it can
do different
stuff every time. This design is inspired as a result of porting this code from
other platforms, so I
would be willing to look at other design alternatives if it does not work well
in the Mac world. However
I would like to give existing solution a try before I do that.

Don't use command-line args for this. To send parameters when launching an
application, use AppleEvents. LaunchServices supports sending an
arbitrary/custom AppleEvent to an app while launching it.

-Jens