Le 18 juil. 2011 à 15:26, Ryan Joseph a écrit :

> I literally mean that _exact_ snippet is leaking, 2 lines of code with no
> retaining by any superviews. I only have limited experience with Cocoa and
> don't use Objective C so maybe someone else could test this. Just allocate,
> initialize then release the object and see if it's ever deallocated.
> Impossible that would happen right?

I wonder if that not using ObjC is of importance. When an object is initially
created, it may be retained several times by Cocoa guts routines, just to
insure that it will not be destroyed before the initializations are done.
That's typically what you are registering with retain count = 5. However, once
this transient condition ends, everything turns back normal and your retain
count should reach 0.

If you want to dive deeper, try overriding -retain and -release just by calling
super, put a breakpoint here, and examine the calls and how they are balanced.
Or use the allocations instruments to trace what's going on.