Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to go with having the handler object retain itself and release itself when the interaction is completed. That avoids having to have more instance variables in the document object to track handlers and release them when done.

Also, thanks for the pointers to references and reminders about method names. Having come from Carbon, I do get myself confused about the different naming convention between Cocoa and Core Foundation.

All is working, with the analyzer happy and no apparent crashes or leaks in limited testing so far.

John
--
John Brownie, john_brow...@sil.org or j.brow...@sil.org.pg
Summer Institute of Linguistics      | Mussau-Emira language, Mussau Is.