Interesting idea. The structure is that I have a grandparent with just a single
attribute, a parent which has parent and children (self referential)
relationships, and a couple of one way to-one self referential relationships on
the topic node object itself, so there are a few things going on there

...but the relationship to view is a simple to-one relationship with an
inverse, so I would have thought it would be easy to fetch. Also I did a check
on the topic relationship (to-one out and to-many in) which was supposed to be
pre-fetched too, and they were all faults too.

Regards

Gideon