What's the proper way to detect if the "Enter" key on the virtual (on-screen)
keyboard in iOS is touched?
  Is this part of the UITextField delegate protocol? Or is it supposed to be
the "Editing Did End" event you see when you right-click on the UITextField in
question (in IB, of course)?
  I've tried both; singly and together, but I still can't figure out how to
determine when the Enter key is tapped. Probably just a stoopid mistake on my
part. The keyboard appears (in the simulator) when I click on the field, but I
can't get it to go away unless I put a UIButton the size of the view under all
the controls, and tie it's "Touch Up Inside" to an action on my view controller
that just says

-(IBAction)dismissKeyboard:(id)sender
{
[inputField resignFirstReponder];
}

  Surely there's a better way, right?
  Also, how do I get the "Enter" key to show up in the Numpad-style keyboard,
like in the phone app (which also has an "add to contacts" button as well)? Is
this a custom view, or is there a way to make this numpad keyboard do this
normally? Personally, I'm guessing Apple violated (or severely bent) their own
HIG guidelines by not reusing the numpad keyboard, or they'd have realized
they're missing something (namely, the "Enter" key), and would have changed it.