On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:32:07 -0500, Gordon Apple <g...@ed4u.com> said:
>UIPopoverController has a UINavigationController.  Is there any decent way
>to access the UIPopoverController inside a popover view to dismiss it?

If I understand the question, then basically, no - and it's maddening. On the
one hand you're told that only one popover should be showing at any one moment.
On the other hand you don't automatically get a reference to that popover. Thus
it is up to you to store a reference, manually, to the current popover
controller at the time it shows its popover, so that you can talk to it later
in order to dismiss it. Popover controller management can thus get really
elaborate and clumsy; you're doing all kinds of work that the system should
just be doing for you.

iOS is funny this way. I'm reminded of how there's no call in iOS 4 that tells
you current first responder. Obviously the system knows what the first
responder is, so why won't it tell you? It's kind of dumb. This is similar; the
system clearly knows useful stuff it won't share with you. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!