My application displays a non-editable text string in an NSTextField. When
the user adjusts a slider, the entire window and all its subviews—including
this text field—should resize smoothly.

My first thought was to bind the font size of the text field to a property
and have that property set to a fixed ratio of the window's size, resetting
it whenever the window size changes. But when I implement this, the text
jiggles around as it's resized.

My next thought was to convert the text field into an image (at some large
font size) and then scale the image up and down as the slider moves. But I
can't figure out how to create an image from a text field (or otherwise
generate an image of a string of text in a given font).

Any thoughts on what avenue to pursue would be much appreciated.

gr.