On Jul 21, 2011, at 9:51 AM, Chris Tracewell wrote:

> I have a private framework that is included in a project. Many of the project
> classes descend from a class in the framework. All of these descendent
> classes implement copyWithZone, encodeWithCoder and initWithCoder and thus
> respectively calls each on super. I get warnings stating that "MySuperClass
> may not respond to -copyWithZone" and so on. I do declare each of these
> methods in super's header file, so why might these errors be getting
> triggered?

I don't know whether it will make a difference or not, but one thing you ought
to try is instead of declaring the methods in the header file, you should
declare the class's compliance with the proper protocols (NSCopying and
NSCoding in this case). That's the proper way of declaring support for copying
and coding. It's a little different from C++, you see.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>