Hello,

I'm trying to add autosavesInPlace support to my NSDocument-based Application.
It supports a read-only type that is internally converted (as suggested in
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Documents/Tasks/FAQ.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000954-1081265-BAJFDEGD)
 to my writable type.

The viewer- and editor-roles are set correctly in the application's plist,
+writableTypes also returns only what I can write. For reference, I can read
.txt and read/write .wowplot.

Now, this seems to interact badly with autosavesInPlace: YES. The following
happens:
1) I open a document of the read-only type (.txt)
2) I convert this as suggested above to my writable type, using setFileType and
setFileURL
3) I modify the document
4) I attempt to close the document
5) Now the autosave-Machinery jumps into action and I get the following error:
[ERROR] genstore_storage.c:GSAddPathAsGeneration:980  copyfile
"/Volumes/Seerose/Users/maven/Desktop/110720 225338.wowplot" to
"/Volumes/Seerose/Users/maven/Library/Autosave
Information/2521980F-37BC-4E21-AF6A-001BE638AEFC.genstore.noindex/.genstore_staging/OUyU4Xi/staged"
 failed with error 2 (No such file or directory)

The errors make sense, as the file under that name never existed.

Now I'm stuck in-between a rock in a hard place:
If I change the type, autosavesInPlace tries to duplicate a non-existent file
(because I modified the fileURL); if I don't change the type, NSDocument will
ask me to write a file of a type I cannot support.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
        Daniel.