On Jul 24, 2011, at 15:50, Ayers, Joseph wrote:

> In XCode 4.1. and Lion,, compiling for OS X 10.6, My application is crashing
> in main.m. Specifically it exhibits EXC_BAD_ACCESS errors in main.m,
> NSApplicationMain and obj_msgSend on disassembly. I've got symbolic
> breakpoints at:  “objc_exception_throw” and “[NSException raise]“.
>
> Any idea how to get beyond this?

Your application didn't really crash in NSApplicationMain, but Xcode has
collapsed the backtrace so that you can't see the place it stopped.  This is a
usability issue in Xcode 4.

With the Debugger tab of the Navigator pane visible, look at the "level of
detail" slider at the bottom of the pane, and drag it all the way to right-hand
end.