On Jul 25, 2011, at 6:01 AM, Abhijeet Singh wrote:

> Hi,I am opening a NSPanel as a modal window using runModalForWindow
> method.The problem is when i close the panel the modal run loop is not
> stopped. I have tried all the possible ways ( stopModalWithCode, stopModal,
> abortModal). But nothing works. I have number of modal windows in my
> applications but all other windows work fine. Infact I am opening this
> NSPanel from inside one of the modal window (is this a problem ?). Please
> suggest a solution...Thanks and RegardsAbhijeetDear cocoadev ! Get Yourself a
> cool, short @in.com Email ID now!

Calling -runModalForWindow within a modal session is usually not what you
want--Cocoa doesn't "stack" modal sessions per se and some behavior may be
undefined.

That being said, when are you trying to stop the modal session? In
-windowShouldClose? That's probably the best case for your implementation, but
I would also add that modal windows generally shouldn't have close boxes and
should have a cancel/OK button approach instead.

Back in the game,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.