On 2011 Jul 24, at 09:05, Clark Cox wrote:

> Well, is the suggestion correct? That is, is there any way that the
> value of barDate could have changed without sending the appropriate
> KVO notification (did you, for example change the value of barDate
> without going through the setter?)

Thank you, Clark.  I've looked at and searched the code quite a bit, and am
confident that I'm not accessing instance variables directly.  And there is
definitely something different in Lion.

Has anyone else been successful binding to tricky.key.paths in Lion?  By
"tricky", I mean that the last "word" in the key path is not an attribute but
is in fact a method which formats a number or date into a string.  Example of a
tricky key path:

     "someDateAttributeKey.someFormattingMethod"

where
     someDateAttributeKey is an attribute whose value is an NSDate
     -someFormattingMethod is a method defined in a category of
         NSDate which returns a NSString.