Hi all!
  Here's what I've got: (Xcode 3.2.5 - iOS SDK 4)

A view controller that dynamically creates UIImageView subclass instances as
subviews in it's awakeFromNib

According to the documentation, UIImageView subclasses do not enable user
interaction by default, so

// Create a UIImageView that'll animate Number1.png through Number8.png, and
load Number.png as the
// default (non-aminating) image
MyImageView *iv = [[MyImageView alloc] initWithBaseName:@"Number"];
[iv setUserInteractionEnabled:YES];
// ...
// Don't know what to do here!
// ...
[self.view addSubview:iv];

Okay, now what? How do I connect the "Touch Up Inside" of the UIImageView
(subclass instance) to the

-(IBAction)customButtonTouched:(id)sender;

method of my view controller (the one that created the UIImageView subclass
instances as subviews)

2nd question: how can I get first crack at the "Touch Up Inside" event (in the
UIImageView subclass) before I pass it on to my view controller?