On Aug 3, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Kevin Bracey wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A case of me not grasping C or/and ARC;-)
> I'm trying to pass the NSMutableArray across the void to the didEndSelector
> so I can access it if the user clicks ok.
>
> /snippits
>
> NSMutableArray *someInfo = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"made" , @"it",
> @"across",. nil];
>
> [holdAlert beginSheetModalForWindow:[self window] modalDelegate:self
> didEndSelector:@selector( alertDidEnd:returnCode:contextInfo: )
> contextInfo:?how to send someInfo?];
>

> -(void)alertDidEnd:(NSAlert *)alert returnCode:(int)returnCode
> contextInfo:(void  *)contextInfo
> {
>    // not happy maybe use a sheet and block
>       NSMutableArray *holdArray = ?contextInfo?;
>
> what magic do I use to pass it in and get it out;-)

Well, I can’t test this directly, since I haven’t been able to play with ARC
yet due to Apple not having graced us lowly second-class-citizen Mac developers
with the Xcode 4.2 beta, but according to the docs, you should be able to do
this by casting the array to (__bridge_retained void *) when you give it to
beginSheetModalForWindow:modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo:, and then
casting it to (__bridge_transfer NSMutableArray *) in your
alertDidEnd:returnCode:contextInfo: method.

Here’s the documentation page I’m referring to:

http://clang.llvm.org/docs/AutomaticReferenceCounting.html#objects.operands.casts