I am having a problem with rendering text on a CALayer.
AFAIK, it works just fine with all users ... except one, where the text just
does not show!

This is my code for printing the text:

@interface TextLayerDelegate : NSObject
{
    // ...
}
- (void) drawLayer: (CALayer *) theLayer inContext: (CGContextRef) theContext;
@end

@implementation TextLayerDelegate

- (void) drawLayer: (CALayer *) theLayer inContext: (CGContextRef) ctxt
{
    // ...
    const char * str = [mesg cStringUsingEncoding: NSMacOSRomanStringEncoding];
// encoding must match with CGContextSelectFont() below
    if ( str && strlen(str) )
    {
        CGContextSetShouldAntialias( ctxt, TRUE );
        CGContextSetRGBFillColor( ctxt, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 );
        CGContextSelectFont( ctxt, "AndaleMono", 14, kCGEncodingMacRoman ); //
"Andale Mono" doesn't work either
        CGColorRef blue = CGColorCreateGenericRGB( 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0 );
        CGContextSetShadowWithColor( ctxt, CGSizeMake(0,0), 10, blue );
        CGContextShowTextAtPoint( ctxt, theLayer.bounds.origin.x + 7.0,
theLayer.bounds.origin.y + 7.0, str, strlen(str) );
        CFRelease( blue );

I have checked that 'str' does actually hold a valid string at the user's
instance. (I logged it and had him send me the log file.)
I have also tried different font sizes.
I have also googled around.
All to no avail.

Does anybody have an idea what else might be wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Gab.