I'm certainly noy tied to FTP, and I'll have a go with NSURLConnection. I did try to use that for another part but I just couldn't get it to work. Is there a particular sample/tutorial you could recommend?

In the following code, accessing the URL in a webView works, but the NSURLConnection doesn't;
[code]

NSURL *uploadURL = [[NSURL alloc] initWithString:escapedUrl];
NSMutableURLRequest* post = [NSMutableURLRequest requestWithURL: uploadURL]; //NSURLConnection *connect = [NSURLConnection initWithRequest:post delegate:self startImmediately:@"YES"];
                NSLog (@"uploadurl is: %@", uploadURL);

[[uploadWeb mainFrame] loadRequest:[NSURLRequest requestWithURL:uploadURL]];

[/code]