Our application copies files in response to filesystem events, and in some
cases that seem correlated with Lion’s autosave system (e.g. in TextEdit and
Pages), the undefined 0x40 bit is being set in the files’ st_flags fields. When
trying to set these flags on the destination copy over AFP, we get EINVAL.

Since this flag is nominally undefined (though clearly actually in use in some
way), it’s not clear how we should handle this situation for maximum safety and
compatibility. Could any Apple folk chime in on what this flag is doing and
what we should do about it? Or has anybody managed to reverse engineer any
meaning out of it?

Thanks,