On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Aki Inoue <a...@apple.com> wrote:
> Another approach is to use multiple field editor objects so that you keep the
> first editor content unmodified.

That's not really an option in this situation. Our users' documents
often consist of thousands of rich text cells. Creating one field
editor per cell—which would be necessary since AppleScript can drive
multiple UI actions per runloop iteration, and we can't even be sure
that one runloop iteration is "enough" for the autocorrection block to
execute—would be prohibitively expensive, and we have taken great
pains in our products to carefully hook up our NSTextStorages to the
shared field editor in a way that conforms to the API.

In the meantime, we have completely disabled autocorrection in our
applications by removing the autocorrection flag from the bitmask.
Hopefully the bug in NSTextView is fixed soon.

--Kyle Sluder