On 2011-08-13, at 8:40 PM, William Squires wrote:

> Did you set a duration over which to animate? Also, if you return NO, won't
> the window NOT close after all, thus defeating the purpose of animating it
> disappearing? I believe you need to return YES after a synchronous operation
> which will wait for the animation to complete.

Jens Afke sorted this out for me: the window is nil, so the call of
setAlphaValue is redirected to the nearest black hole.

The duration is not really relevant here, as the default is good enough for me.
Indeed, the window does not close, there is no purpose of animating the fade,
as I was frantically trying to get some animation working. This failed for a
reason which had nothing to do with animation   ;o6
---
Grinnikend door het leven...