Hi,

I'm implementing drag & drop functionality on one of my views, and I'd like to
autoscroll the containing view when the user lingers near an edge. Is there any
support built-in to iOS 4+ for this?

If not, what is the recommended approach? I thought I'd do something like this:

If the user enters the auto-sroll area, start a timer
If they leave the area, invalidate the timer
If the timer fires, then start another, repeating timer that just adjusts the
contentOffset of the scroll view in the appropriate direction
If they let go, or leave the auto-scroll area, invalidate the second timer

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

--
Rick