I've implemented a drag-and-drop feature in a complex UITableView custom view.
Basically, you can drag from one row onto another (rather than between rows).
Now, this is complicated, but mostly works.

Now, I've implemented autoscroll for the table by putting a long press gesture
recognizer on a small "drag handle" view in each of the cells (when in edit
mode). This works well, until the cell scrolls out of view. At that point, the
gesture is canceled.

I could try to put the GR on the the view that contains all my other table view
stuff, but then I have to do the cell (and drag image) hit testing myself.
Worse, though, is that view won't get the touches because the cells will.

I could put an invisible view on top of the table and add the GR to that, but
then I'll have to work some magic to allow all other touches down into the
table.

I'm kind of stuck. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rick